Bombay Hook National Wildlife Refuge
Top 5 Things to do at the Beach this Fall
Shorter days, brilliantly colored foliage, and crisp, cool air are all signs that the season of fall has arrived in Delaware. As the seasons change, the Delaware beaches remain vibrant and the number of things to do in the fall challenges the number of leaves falling from the trees.
Here are the top 5 things to do this fall at the Delaware beaches:
1. Unique Dining – The change in season often means a change in flavors like butternut squash, chicken and dumplings and pumpkin pie. Enjoy your fall favorites at the beach with a waterfront view at Catch 54, Grain on the Rocks or 99 Sea Level.
2. Outdoor Adventures- This fall season be immersed in the natural beauty of the season. Travel a little west to hike or bike the trails of Trap Pond State Park and be surrounded by the Bald Cypress trees, while reveling in the changing colors of fall. Ride the beaches, & beyond on a a scenic ride down the Junction Breakwater Trail.
3. Tax-free Shopping- Showcasing all the latest fall fashions, the Tanger Outlets are a great place to get some tax-free shopping done in the fall. If that does not satisfy your urge to shop, then take a stroll down Penny Lane Mall. An open air mall with a diverse selection of shops for everyone on your list.
4. Scenic Byways- There is no better time to travel the scenic byways of Delaware than when they glow with the beauty of autumn. Take the Coastal Highway Drive through the beach towns of Delaware, or the Delaware Bayshore Byway along the coast to experience fall as you’ve never before.
5. Beach Fun - The ocean is still warm and parking is free! While the weather is still warm, lounging on the beach and soaking up the sun is the perfect fall activity for a moment of relaxation.
Please remember to plan ahead and maintain social distancing. Please wear a face covering and bring hand sanitizer. Make sure to review guidelines before arriving at your destination. Some locations may be operating under different capacity or require reservations. Please remember to stay home if you are sick.