Cape Henlopen State Park
Top 5 Things to do at the Beach this Fall
Shorter days, brilliantly colored foliage, and crisp, cool air are all signs that the season of fall has arrived in Delaware. As the seasons change and the summer beach season comes to a close, the Delaware beaches remain alive and the number of things to do in the fall challenges the number of leaves falling from the trees.
Here are the top 5 things to do this fall in Delaware:
- Festivals- Fall is the time for festivals in Delaware. The Sea Witch Festival, now in its 28th year and a Delaware favorite, is a sure way to get into the spirit of the season and is fun for the whole family. The festival includes a costume parade, food, live entertainment, hayrides, a sea witch hunt, and more! Check out what other events and festivals are happening this fall!
- Outdoor Adventures- This fall season be immersed in the natural beauty of the season. Hike or bike the trails of Trap Pond State Park and be surrounded by the Bald Cypress trees, while reveling in the changing colors of fall.
- Shopping- Showcasing all of the latest fall fashions, the Tanger Outlets are a great place to get some tax-free shopping done in the fall. If that does not satisfy your urge to shop, the annual Fall Sidewalk Sale, now it its 42nd year, is the place to find deals and unique finds.
- Scenic Byways- There is no better time to travel the scenic byways of Delaware than when they glow with the beauty of autumn. Take the Coastal Highway Drive through the beach towns of Delaware, or the Delaware Bayshore Byway along the coast to experience fall as you’ve never before.
- Go to the beach - The ocean is still warm, the busy summer beach traffic has subsided, and parking is free! While the weather is still warm, lounging on the beach and soaking up the sun is the perfect fall activity.